Our sanction number is #73
Our sanction number is #73
Whether you registered online
or by mail we still need you to
*Scroll down for
Host Hotel Information*
Alpaca Halter Show Instructions
Huacaya and Suri Full Fleece Competition
Date: October 20, and 21, 2018
Show Time: Saturday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
Sunday 9:00 am to 3:00 pm
Show Move out Time: Sunday 3:00 pm
Carol Poole (306)397-2993
Entry fee: $40.00 per alpaca
Deadline for entry fees: Entry fees must be post marked by Sept 23, 2018
Mail entry forms
*Pens: 10 x10 pens with sand will be provided limit of 4 yearling alpacas per pen or 3 older alpacas please
Stabling: Alpacas can be penned on Friday between noon and 6:00 pm
Pre screening/Registration check: will be Friday between 2:00 pm to 6:30 pm
Farm Displays will be available around the show ring
Place: Lloydminster Exhibition Grounds - Lloydminster, SK ALBERTA BUILDING
Directions: From the West or the East coming in on Hwy 16 turn north on Hwy 17, take first right after the railway tracks go one block to 4 way stop, turn left and go 3 blocks. Exhibition grounds are on your right.
Accommodations: (mention Lloydminster Alpaca Showcase, we have booked a block of rooms) Please call by Sept 28. Our Saturday night social will be held at the Host Hotel
Microtel Inn & Suites
4257 - 44th St
Camping on Exhibition
Grounds Power available
Show Rules and Regulations (read)
1. All alpacas entered in the show must be registered with the Canadian Llama and Alpaca Association.
2. Entries must be made in the name of the animal and owner and must match the registration certificates. Please bring copies of your registrations to the show.
3. All animals must be in good health, be free of communicable diseases and be current in their inoculations and deworming. Any animal exhibiting symptoms of infection will be refused entry to the show. A vet will be on call.
4. Only animals registered in the show will be allowed in the barns, unless permission is received from show organizers. Please contact us directly ahead of time to make arrangements.
5. Exhibitors signature must be present on the entry form and entry fees must be included with the entries, otherwise they will not be accepted.
6. If your alpacas birth date is that of the show, the alpaca will be moved up to the next oldest class.
7. Exhibitors are responsible for being at ringside ten minutes prior to the time of their class.
8. Dress code is dark pants or skirt and a light colored shirt. No open toed shoes. No ranch, farm, personal or organizational name or logo shall be worn on exhibitor or animal while in the show ring.
9. Show management reserves the right to combine classes, cancel classes and remove animals entered in classes which they are not eligible. Classes may be combined at the judges discretion. There will be no minimal size of class, one animal in the class does not guarantee first place.
10. Alpacas may not be moved from one halter class to another after halter judging has begun, except at the discretion of the judge.
11. Exhibitors may bring their own bedding or matting but sand will be provided.
12. No alpaca shall be surgically altered for cosmetic or conformation correction not shall drugs or substances be administered to alpacas for the purpose of behavior modification while at the show.
13. Minimum fleece length on Huacaya will be 2 inches. Other than top knots and tails, there shall be no clipping or shaping of an alpacas fleece or staple length to resemble a poodle or lion cut.
15. Maximum fleece length on Suri will be 8 inches.
16. Junior Showmanship
class will be held before regular classes.
17. All first and second place ribbon winners will
compete for Grand Champion and Reserve Champion. All
Grand Champion winners will compete for Supreme Champion.
When possible we will award Colour Champions
18. We caution exhibitors to quarantine their show animals after coming home from shows and not to share buckets with other exhibitors at the show. Please consult your veterinarian for quarantine time. We also emphasize only healthy alpacas be entered.